Helping students succeed
For more information on our student services, please contact us.
For more information on Robert Treat Academy Charter School please visit the following links:
About — Learn facts about our school and view important links
Procedures —Find all of Robert Treat Academy Charter School’s policies and procedures in one location
Curriculum — Know what and how your children will learn by reading our curriculum overview
The internet is an electronic highway connecting thousands of computers all over the world. Along with access to computers and people all over the world also comes the availability of resources, subjects, and materials that may be considered inappropriate in nature or may not contain any educational value in the school setting. In an effort to protect students, teachers, and other staff members from such things, Robert Treat Academy has created an Acceptable Use Policy to prevent and deter any user from intentionally harming themselves or other people. An acceptable use policy or AUP is a list of rules and guidelines which clearly states the conditions in which a user may use the computers here at school.
RTA Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy.pdf
Plan ahead! Did you know your child can start searching for library books at home? Take a look at our collection by clicking here. Make sure to try Destiny Quest while you are there!
Please note the following rules:
1. A child may take out only 2 books at a time for a duration of 2 weeks.
2. Late fees occur 1 day after a book is due.
3. The late is fee is $1 a day until the book is returned.
4. A lost book must be replaced or paid for before a student may take out another book.
5. All classes have at least 1 library day, however it is the responsibility of the student to return the book on time whether they are absent or the class misses their assigned period for any reason.
To download or read a copy of the Student/Parent Handbook for the North and Central Campus, click below on the appropriate handbook.
Parent Handbook 2011 Revised CENTRAL.pdf
Parent Handbook 2011 Revised NORTH.pdf
At Robert Treat Academy Charter School we all agree to the following:
- Respect yourself: Do only those things that will help you to achieve a successful and healthy future.
- Respect others: Use the lifeskills and lifelong guidelines to work with other students and all adult staff members.
- Respect property: Take care of your things and take care of those things which we share.
School wide rules and procedures are outlined in the Student/Parent Handbook:
- Attend school daily and come on time. There is late detention and exclusion list. Students who are tardy to school or between classes will be excluded from extra-curricular activities. (including but not limited to sports, dances, Cadet Corp etc.)
- The school dress code must be followed. Wear appropriate school clothes. No Bandanas (any color) are allowed. No slippers or flip flops (see handbook). Hats may not be worn inside at anytime. Baseball caps must be worn forward.
- No students are allowed out of class the first 10 minutes or the last 10 minutes of the period. Students must follow sign out procedures in all classrooms and carry a pass when leaving any class.
- During passing period you must move quickly and quietly to your next class. Go to your locker and use the restroom during passing periods.
- Be prepared to work everyday. Bring your notebook(binder), lined paper, school planner, pens, pencils, ruler, required textbooks and whatever equipment is required for learning to class.
- Do your homework nightly. There is homework detention and homework help.
- Eat only in the designated eating areas. Only water is allowed to drink in class and healthy snacks with teacher permission. Gum and sunflower seeds are not allowed on campus anytime.
- Do not bring radios, walkman, beepers, scooters or games to school. If seen or used on campus your parent/guardian will need to meet with the Assistant Principal before they will be returned.
- Keep your backpack and locker organized and your classroom and school clean.
- Do not engage in physical or verbal violence. Play fighting and fighting are not allowed and may result in up to five days suspension. Use your lifeskills and lifelong guidelines to problem solve and learn to disagree without being disagreeable.
- Respect the building. Do not graffiti or deface any part of the building.
- Bring your ID to school everyday and be prepared to show it to any adult in the building who requests it.
Robert Treat Academy Charter School Student Union
The Student Union is a place where students can access resources and connect with other students. Using this website, students can create and publish the school newspaper, organize student activities in our student forums, and have fun with their peers while building technological and communication skills.
Today’s world relies more than ever on computers and the internet, and the Student Union creates a respectful environment for students to interact with each other, learn, and gain valuable practice with today’s technologies.
6-8 Grade Student Climate Survey
3-5 Grade Student Climate Survey
K-2 Grade Student Climate Survey